Assistant Grocery Buyer
|Title:||Assistant Grocery Buyer|
|Major Responsibilities and Duties
Daily job responsibilities/functions include, but not limited to
- Create and send purchase orders to vendors.
- Maintain communication with vendors and follow up on the status of placed orders and request return authorizations if necessary.
- Maintain correct department signage and pricing.
- Must be able to communicate new product information to team members.
- Must keep purchase journals current and accurate and meet all deadlines for turning in invoices.
- Maintain stock integrity through proper purchasing.
- Log, order and retrieve special orders for our guests.
- Meet purchase budgets and margin requirements.
- Effectively communicate with Guests, Team Members and Store Leadership
|Skills & Competencies
- Able to analyze sales reports to review inventory levels.
- Able to optimize product mix.
- Ability to generate turns and product movement.
- Ability to ensure low out of stocks.
- Possess strong negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of merchandise, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above.
- Tolerate work in varying temperatures (coolers, etc. when needed).
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including early mornings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- High school diploma.
- Must have a minimum 2 years of experience in industry or equivalent.
- Must have frozen, dairy and dry grocery product knowledge
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications