|Title:||Inventory Control Clerk|
The inventory control clerk is responsible for maintaining accurate computer records of the warehouse inventory in a warehouse environment with varying temperatures.
- Maintain the integrity of established inventory control procedures
- Post all inventory-related transactions into the financial accounting systems
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation in system
- Prepare for and perform physical inventory counts
- Assist in the reconciliation of physical inventory counts
- Alert management to inventory control issues that require investigation
- Research inventory discrepancies and recommend solutions
- Operate heavy equipment machinery including fork lifts and electric pallet jacks (or be able to learn)
Additional Job Duties:
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education / Experience / Additional Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED certificate; one (1) or more years of related experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Basic knowledge and understanding of computers and systems
- Experience with data entry systems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate food scales and calculator
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Ability to deal with the public in an effective and courteous manner
Ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with others, both internal and external to the organization
Work Environment: This is a full-time position regularly working in a store/warehouse setting that requires regular attendance and timeliness; hours/days are varied and include early mornings, evenings, weekend, and holidays schedules; frequent exposure to loud noise and varied temperatures.
Mental: Ability to read, count, perform intermediate math skills, understand labels and printed materials; high detail-orientation and organization skills; ability to communicate information effectively; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
Physical: Regularly required to stand for extended periods on concrete surface, talk, hear, and see including close vision and ability to adjust focus; regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, twist, bend, and lift overhead and frequent lifting/lowering and pushing/pulling of merchandise weighing up to 75 pounds; may semi-regularly climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl; drive a fork-lift and use pallet jacks and other equipment; food allergies cannot be accommodated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities, or possible variances, which are required for this position. Management retains the discretion to add, change, or reassign the duties of the position at any time, with or without notice. When applicable and appropriate, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.