|Title:||Accounts Receivable Clerk|
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for the cash handling of the operation, from opening and closing the office to balancing, depositing, and auditing cash-related activities, and the collection of accounts receivable, while ensuring sound cash management practices.
- Balance daily cash deposits
- Cash out and audit cashiers’ tills
- Prepare daily cash and check deposits
- Open and close cashier’s office
- Provide customer service while making collection call and/or correspondence and other collection issues
- Assist in reducing accounts receivable delinquency
- Maintain monthly over/under cashier report
- Collect and post customer payments
- Ensure that customers receive outstanding customer service
- Create, maintain and balance documentation on cash handling and change safe
- Pay out petty cash invoices
- Reconcile customer accounts and produce and distribute monthly statements
- Follow-up with past due invoices, bad debt, aging report, etc.
- Maintain, process, distribute and update customer records, files and documents
- Support accounting personnel
Additional Job Duties:
- File and collate documents for storage
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education / Experience / Additional Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED certificate; two (2) or more years of related experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Bi-lingual and able to read, write and speak Spanish and English fluently
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of computers and systems including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in cash handling, balancing, accounts receivable and collections
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Ability to deal with the public in an effective and courteous manner
Ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with others, both internal and external to the organization
Work Environment: This is a full-time position regularly working in an office environment that requires regular attendance and timeliness; schedule is varied hours and days including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Mental: Ability to read and interpret business information, perform intermediate math skills; high detail-orientation and organization skills; judgment, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills; ability to communicate information effectively; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines.
Physical: Routinely uses regular office equipment; regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and see including close vision and ability to adjust focus; may regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities, or possible variances, which are required for this position. Management retains the discretion to add, change, or reassign the duties of the position at any time, with or without notice. When applicable and appropriate, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position